Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Do you have to speak Spanish at Lake Chapala or Ajijic?

by Kristina Morgan
SpanglishWe've lived in the Lake Chapala area for over 10 years and Spanish was something we had to learn. My daughter, Kaelyn, is leaving this month for missions trip in Honduras and when asked if I had any tips to help her brush up on her Spanish quickly, I thought of this article I wrote in 1997 about my experiences in learning Spanish. I often say that having to learn a second language was very humbling to me and gave me great story fodder.


Loosing My Inglish

Lately I find myself a very poor communicator. Somehow, after just four years in Mexico, I have all but forgotten how to speak English and I still slaughter Spanish!

Learning Spanish seems to be a combination of osmosis, trial and error. However, I’ve determined that the only thing really necessary to communicate in Mexico is a sense of humor.
Read More Green

No comments: