Sunday, June 6, 2010

Living and Retiring in Ajijic Vs San Miguel de Allende

I have begun a series comparing the Lake Chapala and Ajijic areas to other popular retirement areas. My last article compared Lake Chapala to Hawaii, a comparison I felt compelled to make after so many people said that Lake Chapala reminded them of Hawaii—only better! In this article I will take a look at Ajijic vs. San Miguel de Allende.

To me, when you compare Ajijic and San Miguel, the best choice is a no-brainer. San Miguel is cold and very expensive; I didn’t come to Mexico to live where it’s cold and expensive! I’m partial to Ajijic’s genuine warmth and quirkiness, too. I love the rogue colors everywhere and the mountain and lake vistas. The natural beauty is riotous and abundant here at Lake Chapala.

Ajijic is also located outside of Guadalajara, Mexico’s second largest city and within close proximity to other places you’ll want to check out.
Read More Green

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We chose San Miguel de Allende six years ago for its combination of climate, culture and the basic warmth of is people. I became interested in the process of becoming an expat and wrote a book based on conversations with 32 Americans and Canadians who had also made the move. It's mainly a way of getting inside their heads. It's called San Miguel de Allende: A Place in the Heart. Here's a link to an excerpt on my website:
www.sanmiguelallendebooks.com/aplaceintheheart.html